Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vacation is Over

School starts again tomorrow, so that means the end of my Christmas vacation.  While I enjoyed it a great deal, I do feel a little disappointed because  I was sick during this time, so I couldn't enjoy it to the fullest.  I do tend to become a hermit during this time.  It's cold and I have a lot I want to do, so I just like to stay home! 
 I finished up a piece I had started in the fall.  It is now a cute little wall hanging to be packed away until fall or until I decide to give it away.


I also worked on some Iowa Hawkeye bean bags.  Bud made the guys each a bean bag toss game.  We got behind, so they aren't done yet, but they will have the Hawkeye logo on them, so I made the bean bags to go with them.


I'm also working on the hand quilting of my Christmas quilted wall hanging that didn't get done before Christmas.  Hopefully that will be done this week.

One perk of vacation is leisure time spent with friends.  I had some friends out for brunch one morning.


We had great food and caught up with each other. (Don't know why the pic turned that way!)



I think I'd work well with a week of vacation like this each month!  How about you?


3 comments:

Tanner said...

I can't wait to see the bean bag toss game. I'm expecting Trina to play it with me outside in the snow.

Trina said...

Although I won't be playing the bean bag toss game in the snow, I'm excited to use it this summer. I would agree with a week of vacation every month! I would be so relaxed!

Trilby said...

The bean bag toss games will be fun to take camping with all of us this summer. It is a game that everyone can play from Dad to Nate!