Friday, May 7, 2010

Oriental Coleslaw

A while ago my friend, Beth, made this salad.  Not being a salad lover OR a rabbit, I didn't like it!  Others continued to rave about it.  One night at book club I decided to eat outside of my box, so I ate some of this salad.  Well, Beth wasn't there and I said, "I like this better than Beth's recipe."  I was promptly told that it was indeed Beth's recipe.  I guess my tastes have changed or something because I have even made it.   It's my "new" favorite salad!  Thanks, Beth!!

Oriental Coleslaw
1 pkg. shredded cabbage/carrots
1/4-1/2 diced green pepper
1/4-1/2 c. sunflower seeds
2 green onions diced
1 oriental chicken pkg. Romen noodles

Dressing:
1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar (I added a little more for Bud!)
Seasoning packet from Ramen chicken noodles.

Mix dressing together and toss with slaw, pepper, sunflower seeds, and onions 30 minutes before serving.  Add Ramen noodles just before serving.

YUM!
Check out the recipes at And Baby Makes Five.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

My sister makes this and it's awesome! It's her thing to make for passing dishes at our family get togethers. I love it!