Friday, January 8, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu


I am going to join in Colleen's Kitchen Weekly Recipe Swap.  Head over to her blog to check out what others are cooking up!

I have made this version of Chicken Cordon Bleu for many years.  It keeps well in the freezer.  I have taken it to people in times of need.  I usually take it to them frozen.  That way if they have a lot of food at the time they can keep it in the freezer until they need it.  I recently served it for book club and several people asked me to share the recipe.

Chicken Cordon Bleu
Tenderize the chicken breast.  You want it to be flattened to about 1/2".

Next, put in several deli slices of ham like Buddig and then Italian style shredded cheese.

Then roll it up tucking in the sides.  Put toothpicks in to hold it together.  I usually use two.  Finally, roll it in Italian style breadcrumbs.

Then freeze or bake.  These should be  baked at 350 until the juices run clear.  (Obviously it will take longer if you put them in frozen!)


YUM!
(And here we are with Snow Day #5!! Yikes, a June dismissal is looking likely.)

5 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Snow Day #5?!!! Yikes!

Your Chicken looks wonderful. Always a delicious meal. Especially this time of year.

Thanks for sharing...

Notes from the Homestead said...

This looks great! Can't wait to try it out!
~Kim

Beth Swantz said...

thank you so much for the recipe! I know it tastes amazing!

The Hartsocks said...

I bought the ingredients tonight at the store to make this sometime soon - my husband is thrilled

katethegrate said...

I love this recipe, thanks for posting with pictures! Can't to make it, put it in the freezer and be ready for company!