Monday, January 11, 2010

New Fabric and Weekend Work

I was excited to get some fabric that I ordered.  Trina and Tanner have decorated their nursery with the book, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" as the theme.  Here's the book if you aren't familiar with it:


So, I thought it was only appropriate to make the baby's quilt with that fabric also.  I bought a fat quarter bundle and a panel.


  I'm not sure what pattern or how I'm putting it together, but I'll figure it out.
Hated to see the box too empty, so I also ordered these:

Two fat quarters of Bonnie Blues by Marcus Fabrics and two fat quarters of L'amour by Moda.  Not sure what I'm doing with these yet either!

We have had quite the busy past few days.  My brother and SIL left Texas Wednesday afternoon.  In the meantime, Wednesday Bud was by Maquoketa moving cattle with Travis and killing hogs to butcher with my nephew. He had a slow snowy drive home.  The Texans drove through awful weather, but finally arrived at our house Thursday mid afternoon. Friday we traveled back to Maquoketa to my sister and BIL's home.  The guys put a bathroom in their shed Friday night.  We all woke up early Saturday morning to spend the day butchering eight hogs.  Yes, I know that sounds kind of gross, but they have quite the set-up and knowledgeable people.  The meat is fantastic!  There were between 15-20 people around to help throughout the day.  We brought home pork chops, sausage, roasts, ribs, tenderloin, and steaks.  We should be set for the year.

Sunday morning a group of my BIL's friends and coworkers came armed with chain saws to cut wood to store for the winter.  My BIL just started chemo and radiation and they heat their house with a wood furnace, so they should be set for a while.


Bud, my brother (not in photo) Dale's brother,  and Dale's SIL,  sheet rocked the laundry room so they can get it finished up.

We are all exhausted, but we spent some quality time working and having a good time.

2 comments:

Trina said...

We love the fabric! Very vibrant colors. It's going to look really nice.

Tanner said...

I am really looking forward to what you can create with it. I'm sure it's going to be great!