Friday, October 29, 2010

Yummy Mexican Lasagna

It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe.  You probably thought I forgot how to cook!  Cooking really hasn't been at the top of my list lately, but I was asked for this recipe recently, so I thought I'd share.  
I'm linking to Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap this week.  Check it out for great recipes.

Mexican Lasagna
1 lb. hamburger(I often use sausage)
1 small onion
3 T chili powder
1 T flour
1 cup water
6 flour tortillas
1 cup sour cream
1 can tomato soup
2 cups cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese

Brown hamburger & onion.  

Stir in chili powder and flour.  Add water and simmer until thick.  Cut up flour tortillas into one inch squares. 

 Stir together sour cream and tomato soup.  Spray a 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray then layer 1/2 tortillas, 1/2 hamburger, 1/2 sour cream mixture 1/2 cheese, then relayer.  Cover and bake at 350 for 45 min-an hour.

If I feel like making this healthier I use 95% fat free tortillas, lite or fat free sour cream, and 2% cheese.
Num-Num!!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Kim, I have definately missed your recipes. I have tried many of them and my whole family loves them. I'll be trying this one soon.

Laurie said...

OMG Kim! This is going on the list, it looks and sounds awesome!!!! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Kim: What size pan did you use?

Thanks! Marny

Trilby said...

I have made this before and it is yummy!!! It goes in a 9x13 pan. I always make sure I spray the bottom of it really well so that it doesn't stick!!

Sheila said...

Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it.