Friday, January 15, 2010

Sweet Potato Casserole/ Quilty Finish Finally!



We used to have sweet potatoes for Christmas and Thanksgiving.  These sweet potatoes were made like this:  Dump a can of sweet potatoes in a dish, put some brown sugar and butter on and bake.  Just before serving put some marshmellows on and bake until melted.  We loved them!   Welllllllll-----sbout ten years ago my aunt introduced us to this sweet potato casserole.  It is WONDERFUL!! No more canned sweet potatoes for us!  Try it, you'll like it I promise.

Sweet Potato Casserole
3c. mashed potatoes                                  2 eggs
1/2 c. sugar                                               1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. melted margarine
Beat with mixer.  Pour into baking dish.

Topping:
1/2 c. flour                                                1/2 c. milk
1 c. brown sugar, packed                          1/2 c. margarine
Mix well.  Spread on potato mixture.  Sprinkle with 1 c. chopped nuts. (I use pecans)
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

This photo shows them just ready to go into the oven.


I forgot to take a picture when they came out as I was too anxious to eat them!  Go on over to And Baby Makes Five to see what others are cooking up!


I finally finished my Christmas wall hanging.


I embroidered squares using Gail Pan's BOM.  I hadn't embroidered in years except to blanket stitch around something.



I really enjoyed it.  I hand quilted it as I have talked about in previous posts.  I am not thrilled with the job I did, but I was convinced to finish it.  I look forward to seeing it hang on the wall next Christmas.


1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

I love this casserole; I'll never go back to the canned either!