Friday, November 20, 2009

Calico Beans and Some Fabric Fun!

I know I'm late posting today, but technically it is still Friday! Check out the great recipes linked to Colleen's blog.

One of my family's favorite dishes is Calico Beans. They are so easy to make and throw in the crock pot or bake in the oven. We eat them as a vegetable side dish and also as the main dish. We like eating them with a hot piece of cornbread. How simple, yet delicious on a cold evening!
Calico Beans

Brown 1 lb. hamburger with 1/2 onion.
Add: 1 can pork and beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can lima beans
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. catsup or bbq sauce

Combine and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or put into crockpot on low for 4 hours.

I had some fun with some black and white the other night.
I purchased a jelly roll and a few fat quarters of some black and white fabric. Add some rick rack and bead and I got two maybe three Christmas gifts! I can't wait to show you the finished products!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I LOVE calico beans. They're so easy to make and taste so good! I'll have to make some more soon!
Don't you just love black and white fabrics!? I think they're so pretty together, and can't wait to see what you do with them!

The Hartsocks said...

I love the b & w fabric too!

Blessed Rain said...

Yum!
Thanks for coming by my blog - and right now I walk one hour 5 days a week and I am eating less (trying to shrink my stomach)I am also increasing my vegetables & salad intake while working on eating less complicated food - our thanksgiving menu will be turkey, yams, broccoli, salad ect but our yams will just be baked with a little bit of butter - cheaper and healthier.
Good luck