Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tasty Taco Soup & Such


I joined Colleen's Homemade Holidays Recipe Swap hosted on her blog, And Baby Makes Five. She hosted Back to School Recipes and I found some great recipes on it. Recipes should post on Fridays. (Yes, I know this is Saturday! I'll do better next time.) Go check out the other recipes.

Sometimes Bud finds the best recipes, and this is one of them. He had it at school and brought home the recipe. It has become one of our favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Taco Soup

Brown 1lb. hamburger with onion and drain.
Add: 2 qts. tomato juice
1 can Mexican kidney beans
1 pint of corn
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 T (heaping) brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
I throw this in the crock pot for a few hours. Top with chopped onions, cheese, taco chips, & sour cream.












I've been busy with report cards this week. It's been pretty time intensive since it is a new computer program to learn! But, I have managed to do a little sewing. However, I have been working on some Christmas gifts, so I can't tell you what it is. Here's a
sneak peek. It is made with a ta
n print, green checked, black with a little white design, and maroon with gold stars.


















My friend, Pat, and I had our mammograms last week. Have you had yours?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I tried the taco soup recipe yesterday for supper. It was very yummy!! Thanks for the recipe. I will definately be making it again.

Trina said...

this look yummy. maybe with just a few beans, tanner would like it more than chili.