Friday, January 29, 2010

Hot Taco Rice


Thanks to Colleen at And Baby Makes Five for hosting this recipe swap.  Check it out.
Hot Taco Rice has become a family favorite at our house.  It's quick and easy plus so tasty!
Hot Taco Rice
1 pound ground beef (I often use sausage)
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups medium salsa
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 1/2 cups instant rice

Brown beef and onion in a large skillet.  Add salsa, tomato sauce, and bouillon cube.  Bring to a full boil.  Reduce heat to low: cover and simmer 5 minutes  Meanwhile, prepare rice as directed on the package.  Serve beef mixture over rice and top with garnishes.

Our favorite garnishes are just cheese, Doritoes, and sour cream. You could also use chopped tomatoes, olives, and tortilla chips.

Enjoy, and have a great weekend.  We're off to tile my sister's new washroom.

6 comments:

Trilby said...

We LOVE taco rice. I can even get my icky picky eater Cael to eat it most times!! It is so easy

Travis and Kerry said...

wow...I totally make it wrong. Guess since Travis is used to it the way I do it we aren't changing now! The guys Travis works with love this-I have sent out the recipe (the wrong one!) many times.

Brooke said...

Thank you so much for all of the recipes. I've tried many of them and we LOVE them!!

Theresa said...

Looks like another great recipe that I need to try. So far everything I've tried from here has been a hit with the family! Thanks for posting them!

Theresa said...

Just made this tonight - it was very yummy! I made it, along with cornbread from Smitten Kitchen (smittenkitchen.com) and we are all stuffed now!

Trina said...

This is probably one of my favorite things to eat at home. I used to make it so often that Tanner was sick of it after just a handful of months. My recipe is a little different too, but not too far off.