Friday, January 22, 2010

Chicken Fingers


It's Friday, so that means it is time for a new recipe.  We are trying to watch what we're eating so I've dug out some healthier recipes.  If you're looking for some great recipes that are easier on your waist check out Hungry Girl.  We have eaten these chicken fingers many times and they are great!


Chicken Fingers
Ingredients:
6 oz.  Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (raw); cut lengthwise into 5 strips
1/2 cup Fiber One cereal
1/4 cup Egg Beaters, Original
1/4 tsp. Lawry's Garlic Salt
pepper (to taste) 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Add Garlic Salt and pepper to crumbs.  Place crumbs in one small dish and Egg Beaters in another. Next, coat raw chicken strips with Egg Beaters and then with crumb mixture. Place strips on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray.  Spray a light mist of nonstick spray on top of strips and place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes, and then turn strips over.  Add another light mist of nonstick spray and cook for an additional 8 - 10 minutes (until chicken is fully cooked and Fiber One looks crispy).  Enjoy!  Serves 1.
Calories:  240  Fat: 3.25g  Sodium: 805mg  Carbs: 26g  Fiber: 14g Sugars: 0.58g Proteins: 42.5g  4 WW points

(Photo courtesy of Hungry Girl)
Check out Colleen's blog for more great recipes!

We had snow day #6 Wednesday.  Actually it was an ice day, but no school nonetheless.  I managed to get Trina and Tanner's baby's quilt pieced and ready to quilt.  I had a large part of it put together the night before, but I just wasn't happy with it.  In the night (when I should have been sleeping) I knew how I needed to change it.  So, I got up and tore it out and started over.  ( I don't want to share photos until the baby is born.) It was a great day, but I know I'll be wishing we hadn't had it come June!
 It's report card time, so I'm busy with those.  Have a great weekend.



No comments: