Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Little Fabric Shopping

I belong to a Piecemaker's Club.  It is held at my favorite local quilt shop--Willowcreek Quilting and Gifts in Kalona.  It meets the first Wednesday and Saturday of the month.  Each month new fabric and patterns are shared along with members sharing things they have made.  I don't really know anyone who goes on Wednesday nights, but I enjoy going.  Anyone want to go with me???

Different projects are also offered.  I still don't have my first project completed, but that will be on my list after school is over for the summer.  This month we started a "Buck a Block" project.  It will be 12 blocks, so it will be a year before it is completed. I chose two fabrics to start with.  This one will be shades of my favorite color--purple.  I'll share pictures once the first block is done.  I have a hard time getting to the meetings, but the last two that I've been to I have won $10 each time sharing my things.  So, this week I spent the gift certificates, used a coupon and added a little of my own $$ to purchase a few things.
I have been admiring the Nature's Notebook by April Comell for Moda since it came out.  I'm not sure yet what I will do with it, but I had to have some!  The jelly roll is Strawberry Lemonade by Me and My Sister Designs for Moda.  The colors would make a great little girl quilt, or a springy wall hanging, table topper, table runner, etc.  I have also been wanting this purse pattern.  You will see me carrying one soon! (only in different colors for summer)  And then there is the table runners pattern.  I like making table runners.  Since I have been learning and trying more and more different patterns I like to do small projects.  That way I see a finish and know if I'm good enough for a certain design before I try something larger.

I also purchased my new sewing machine at this store.  When I bought it they mentioned a workbook that would be nice to have.  Of course it cost extra.  So, I bought it too.
I have studied poured over it and I know that I will be using this often!

I am headed to my sewing room right now to spend a few hours.  Yah!

No comments: