Monday, April 12, 2010

A Trip to Texas

We left for Texas last Wednesday right after school.  Oldest daughter, Trilby, and 3rd grandson, Nate, went with us.  We spent the night in Witchita, KS and then got up bright and early the next morning to finish the trip.  Nate kept occupied watching movies, reading books, and entertaining us.
We stayed with Mom, but spent time with my brother and family, my aunt, and some cousins.  We went for my niece's wedding.  When we are there we always like to eat at the Mexican restaurant.  You just can't find Mexican food like this very easy!
The sopapillas are what I love!  Warm with some honey, mmmmm.......
Friday morning the ladies helped Gay (mother of the bride) decorate the reception hall.  When we were finished we bellied up to the bar!
And that was yummy too!
Saturday was the wedding.  I helped by doing a reading in church.  Bud was the official baby-sitter during the ceremony.
My brother hired a limo to shuttle everyone back and forth from the Country Club to their homes.  Some of us had never had a limo ride before including Nate.  He was a little unsure about it, but the rest of us enjoyed it!
We left the reception at a decent hour to get to bed.  Sunday found us in the car headed for Iowa by 6:30 a.m.  We drove straight through.  It was a short but enjoyable trip.  

2 comments:

Trilby said...

I am so glad that we went. It was well worth being tired! It was great to see everyone and what a beautiful day for a wedding! Loved the limo ride! Payton and Cael were so jealous! Thanks for letting us tag along!

Laurie said...

I'm sorry about the mix up Kim, I want to see if there is somewhere to report what's been happening!
The wedding was beautiful and the limo? Was that mirrors on the ceiling I saw!?