Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weekend Fun!

Trilby and the boys were here for supper Thursday evening.  Grandpa decided to put his new train together much to the boys' delight!!  They were a lot of help. 
Bud has wanted a train to put under the tree for a long time, and this year he purchased the Holiday Express.  It blows it's whistle, goes backwards, and puts out smoke that actually smells!  I'm not sure who was more tickled with the train--Grandpa or the boys!

Saturday I spent the day sewing.  I got Chance's stocking finished and hung on the mantle. 
I made several Christmas gifts, so I can't show you what I made, but I can show you some fabric,
some applique,

and some embroidery.

Saturday night we joined my colleagues for a little bowling and supper out.  It was a fun time!

Every year my sister, my niece, my girls, and I head to Des Moines for a big craft show at the fair grounds.  We usually hit Target and then the craft show.  I have no photos from the craft show since they don't allow that.  Next, we met SIL-Jude, nieces-Tracy and Kelly, and great-niece-Kalyn for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory at Jordan Creek.  Just look at that yummy cheesecake on the table!

Then we were off to do a little shopping and head home.

What a fun time we had!

6 comments:

Julie said...

It looks like you all had a fun time. Kim, you need to be in some of the pictures also.

Tanner said...

His stocking looks really cool. He will be proud of it when he is older.

Kath said...

I agree with Julie, you should have used the other picture with you in it.

Kim said...

Julie & Kath--I couldn't use the one in with me in it because you couldn't see Tracy and Kelly very well. So there!

Kim said...

Julie & Kath--I couldn't use the one in with me in it because you couldn't see Tracy and Kelly very well. So there!

Beth Swantz said...

Your blog is absolutely amazing!!
Every time I stop by it has been redecorated and rebeautified! You are doing an amazing job!!!

Merry Christmas!!!