Sunday, December 27, 2009

Crazy Christmas!

We began celebrating Christmas Wednesday afternoon as some of my colleagues came out after school to socialize.  As the evening progressed I knew my throat was sore and my voice was getting crackly, but we visited until 11:00 p.m.  I awoke Christmas Eve morning hardly able to talk and with a very sore throat, so we spent the morning at the doctor and then the pharmacy instead of wrapping presents and finishing up last minute gifts!  Luckily Trina and Tanner came down and helped me finish wrapping. 



We went to Mass at seven and then home to eat.  I always make several kinds of soup and snacks, but this year I just made clam chowder along with meat/cheese, shrimp, bbq meatballs, cheeseball/crackers, and cookies.  After making breakfast casserole and french toast casserole I was in bed.


Christmas Day Tasha and Kyle joined the four of us for breakfast.



Travis, Kerry, and Chance showed up about noon.



Trilby, Mike, and boys arrived about an hour later. 



We enjoyed a meal of beef brisket, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli salad, and homemade bread.  Later we had a pumpkin dessert and an ice cream dessert.



A house full of  ten adults and four little boys can be crazy!  But it was crazy good.  The best part of our day was that we were all together enjoying each other's company.


Travis, Kerry, and Chance, and Trina and Tanner spent the night.  By noon yesterday our house was messy and quiet.  After cleaning up the top layer we napped, watched a movie, and napped some more.


Stay tuned for photos of some of the things I made for gifts.  You've seen some of the fabric and it will soon be time to show you what I made!  I also have a big announcement to post tomorrow.


I hope you enjoyed Christmas as much as we did!

2 comments:

Trilby said...

Interesting that Dad and Chance have a similar look from the back!! Definatly a Juilfs! It was a great time! To bad we didn't get a round or two of nuts it!

Kath said...

I am surprised that Bud let you have a salad at the meal! It all sounded like a great time. Family, that's what its all about.