Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas at My House

I hosted our Christmas gathering for my book club tonight, so I guess my house is as decorated as it is going to get.  I thought I would share a few photos.  I love the house all dressed up for Christmas!

This is our main, and only real, tree.  It is in the family room.  We always get a Frazier Fir.  The tree is decorated with an eclectic array of ornaments, berries, and raffia.  And this year it has The Holiday Express running around the base.
Some of the ornaments represent places we have visited, like this one of the Empire State Building in New York City.

Or they might represent a time in our life, like this
ceramic ornament that I painted way back in the day when we didn't have much money and only had one child.

The fireplace is also in the family room.  It is flanked by three small trees with lights that I have placed in crocks, a lighted wreath, greenery with lights and berries across the top, and several santas and a snowman.  Everyone has a stocking hanging above the fireplace.  I started with making these stockings for my four kids when they were young.  That's all we had for many years.  Mike was the first to join our family and he had to wait about eight years for  one!  I just made them for Bud and me last year!  But, right now everyone has one, even our newest addition, Chance.

I hope you've enjoyed this little peak of Christmas in our home.  Come back tomorrow for more!

No comments: