Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dining Room Decorations

The only place in my house not decorated for Christmas would be the basement!  Some rooms are a little more decorated than others, especially since I've gotten rid of a few things in the past couple of years, but I haven't added too much more.  In the dining room I have a pencil tree.  This is the only tree in the house with colored lights.  Bud really likes colored lights, so I have to give him a little say now and then!

In addition to the colored lights, the tree is decorated with cinnamon ornaments and tags with Christmas sayings on them.

I have my grandma's antique Singer sewing machine in the dining room, so I put a little display on there. The tree is decorated with white lights, fabric tied around the branches, and empty spools.

I've also added a few things to the dry sink.

Our nativity set, which was made by my grandmother many years ago, is on my cedar chest in this room.

I've decorated the t my hutch, although I'm not thrilled with it.  It's something to work on for next year!

I have several antique figurines on the hutch.  I'm especially partial to this set of angels. They were a gift from me to my grandparents when I was a baby, back in the late 50's!  So, yes, they're antique!

And finally, a view looking into the foyer and family room.  I made the fabric garland with lights MANY years ago, and happened to see it as a tutorial on someone's blog just this year.  Now, why didn't I make a pattern of it all those years ago when I thought of it!?  Anyway, I leave it up through the winter to dress up the room.

I hope you've enjoyed the tour of our dining room.  I'll be back tomorrow with more.

3 comments:

Trilby said...

Dad can come to our place to look at colored lights! We have 3 strands on our big ole tree!! The boys love to change the pattern daily on how the lights twinkle!! The house looks great!

Beth Swantz said...

All I can say is..WOW!!!

Julie said...

It all looks pretty. My mom made a nativity set several years ago. Now it travels among us siblings, each year it goes to one of our homes. It is special also, family made items are always cherished.