Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Quilts

I love quilts!  I like the fabric.  I like the patterns.  I like the quilting.  Unfortunately  I didn't come from a family of quilters, so I have very few that were owned or made by anyone in my family.  I used to believe the only worthwhile quilt was one that was hand quilted.  I still believe those are the best, but I have now crossed over to the machine quilted society!  I do understand that in this day and age, most of us just don't have the time to hand quilt things.  And I'm sure the machine quilted quilts are much sturdier than most hand quilted quilts.  I thought I'd share some of my quilts from time to time.

This is a quilt that I bought at a local auction.    (Please ignore the shadow of my quilt holder aka Bud).

I love the fabric in the dresden plates.

And I especially love the edging.

And the hand quilting is fantastic!
I like to use my quilts on my tables.  Right now this one is on my dining room table.  Of course we take it off when we eat!
There are only a couple of things that would make this quilt better--If I had made it! Or, if a family member had made it.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

This quilt is so pretty, I love the dresdin plate. What a nice idea to use them on the table, I never would have thought of that, so much nicer than stored in a chest!