Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fun with Boys! (and a little sewing)

I whipped up this little quilted wall hanging just in time for the 4th of July.
It goes on this:

We took the three oldest grandsons to see a movie--
Toy Story 3.  Honestly, I'm not sure if the two youngest liked the movie or the popcorn the best!  Boy can they eat popcorn!!  We then went out for supper where Nate ate his weight in buns!

Then we headed home to put them to work.......or so we thought!!

Actually Payton did do some mowing and Nate played with Cuddles while I pulled weeds and listened to Cael.  He talked nonstop telling me the 10 million ways you could use Indiana Jones' whip.  As I was trying to steer him on to a new topic the end of our conversation went something like this:
Me: "Could you think of something else you could use in so many ways?"
Cael: "Sure." 
(long pause) 
Cael: "But, really, Nanny there's more things to use the whip for."
Me: "Okay."
Cael: "Nanny, do you know how to spell Indiana Jones?"
Me: "Yes, do you?"
Cael: "No, but when we go inside could you get the computer and do w w w dot Indiana Jones and see how much one of those whips cost?"
Can we say one track mind?!

The boys spent the night, but had to leave shortly after breakfast as they had swimming lessons.
It is so much fun to spend time with them.  This is one of the first times Nate has spent the night just for fun.  Soon they will be joined by the other grandsons as they get old enough!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I really love the banner Kim, and isn't it great being able to have the time with the grand kids!? I always savor the time I get with mine as it's so rare. I was happy when your name was pulled for the drawing, I'll get that started!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.