Thursday, March 4, 2010

Gratitudes

Wow, I have really been a slacker haven't I?  We spent Sunday and most of Monday at the hospital in between a doctor's appointment for Bud on Monday.  Dale got to go home to recuperate, and Mom went with them.  Tuesday was a busy day with tutoring and literacy night after school, so I didn't get home until 8:30.  Last night I had class after school and Piecemaker's Quilting Club after that, so again it was 8:30.  I just can't keep up with these long days!  Right now I'm sitting in the hospital with Bud while he has some medical tests done.

Gratitudes--I am so grateful for transportation and especially for having my own transportation at my disposal.  After my recent trips to New York, San Francisco, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C., I know that I am thrilled to have had an airplane to get us there and then cabs, trains, and busses to move us around the city.  We are so lucky to be able to travel to places far away in such a timely fashion.  But I am also glad that I don't depend on cabs, trains, and busses on a daily basis.  In talking so several different people on our travels, it is amazing the amount of time people spend to travel to and from work in the cities.  As I drive to and from school each day I am reminded of our previous modes of transportation and I am sooo glad we have evolved!  You see we live in an area heavily populated with Amish.  Many of our main roads have wide shoulders to accommodate their buggies.  I can't imagine using the horse and buggy, especially during the winter we've had.  And I'm sure, in fact, I know, I don't have the patience for the slow travel.  Thank you God, for the modes of transportation that we currently have!

No comments: