Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Week(almost) In Review

It's been awhile since I have posted, so I thought I'd bring this blog up to date.  The past week has been exhausting/busy!
*It started Monday evening when I attended the school board meeting to honor our retiring staff members.  One of the teachers from our building is retiring.  She has been a friend and colleague for 21 years.  I'm going to miss her!  I don't like the change taking place in our building. :(  After the meeting some of us gathered at my house for food and drinks.
I don't know what was wrong with me, but I forgot to take any pictures even though I had the camera sitting on the counter!  Needless to say, it was a LATE night !
*Tuesday was a full day of work, tutoring, nail appointment then home. My sister and her husband showed up about 8:00p.m. while Bud went to Des Moines to pick up Mom who was coming from Texas.  They got home about midnight.  Soooo, another LATE night.
*Wednesday (Happy Birthday to Me and my niece, Brittany!) started out EARLY 4:30 a.m. as my sister and brother-in-law got up to head to the hospital for his surgery, and then we left shortly after.  Waiting during surgery is always hard.
Surgery went as planned and now we will wait for pathology results.  (He will have NOTHING by mouth for 20 days, which I think would be pure torture!)
*Thursday & Friday--Full days of work and then to the hospital.  Both days I stayed until it was time to drive my sister home as she was exhausted. Bud and Mom went home earlier, but we waited until Dale had his medications to help his get some sleep in the night.  Soooo, two more late nights.  I'm just not used to going to bed at midnight and up early!
*Saturday--Bud, Mom, and I slept in a little, then headed to the hospital.  We visited a bit then went to see our newest grandson, Grayson, who Mom had never seen.
Then back to the hospital a bit, and off to the motel where some relatives were staying.  The kids swam.

And we ate pizza.
Another late night!
*Sunday--We slept in and aren't heading to the hospital until after lunch.  My plan is to be home at a decent time and go to bed by ten!  We're hoping Dale will go home Monday or Tuesday for sure.  He has a long recuperation time ahead of him.
So, you can see why there's been no sewing at this house this week!  
Gratitudes--Yes, I've been lax in that area too!  I've had several days this week that I haven't even touched a computer outside of school, and that doesn't happen often!
*I'm grateful for my faith.  I lean hard on my faith at times like these.  We've prayed for Dale, his surgeons, his family, and that we can accept God's will, whatever it may be.  We've prayed for strength to get through this time.  And we've thanked God for our good health that we often take for granted!
Thanks to all of you who have been sending prayers our way too.

No comments: