Monday, March 15, 2010

Another Quilt and Gratitude

The quilt that I made for Cael was pretty simple.  Not pieced, but just a large piece of fabric (Iowa Hawkeye, of course!) trimmed with black flannel and black flannel backing.  It also is tied.  And, the very goofy Cael wanted to make a face for the camera!
Gratitude--I am grateful for indoor plumbing!  I can't imagine having to use a chamber pot in the night, or going out in the cold to the outhouse.  I am glad I don't have to sit on the bare wood with flies swarming around.  The most I've ever had to use an outhouse was at my grandparents' cabin (there was indoor plumbing, but when we were wet we had to use the outhouse) and when we were camping at various places.  As a kid it didn't really bother me too much.  But as an adult it certainly did!  And the pleasure of turning the knob and having hot water run out at my pleasure, well that is sure something I am grateful for.  Thank you God, for indoor plumbing!

No comments: