Sunday, February 15, 2009

Irish Blessing

As I'm changing my background from Valentine's to St. Pat's a memory comes to me. I always loved listening to Trina sing. She doesn't think her voice is that good, but I think it is wonderful! I've always wished I could sing, but alas I have the singing talent of my mom and aunts. (We always asked them not to sing!) Grandma had some musical talent, but she didn't pass that to her children. Anyway, this Irish Blessing was in the form of a song the first time I heard it. I think it was in an honor choir that Trina performed in. I have loved it ever since.

An Old Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Have a Great Week!

2 comments:

Trina said...

Thanks mom! My voice used to be good, but not anymore. I still get tears in my eyes just reading the Irish Blessing.

Laurie said...

I love that blessing. It's beautiful.
You can still buy the threaders too! They're in the notions departments. I'd be lost without mine!