Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving Day is upon us.  
We are most thankful for:

1.  the good health of all members of our family.
2.  jobs we  love that are secure.
3.  Bud is especially thankful that we don't have 10 inches of snow on the ground!
4.  the fact that all of our children and grandchildren are in Iowa.
5.  that we have everything we need.
6.  that our addition & remodeling project is ALMOST finished.
7.  that we have our faith to keep us going daily.
8.  that we have three wonderful grandsons to enjoy.
9.  that the fire that was across the road didn't hope over to our house.
10. for the things we take for granted--electricity, transportation, phones, etc.


     Here we are on Thanksgiving morning and I wanted to put some danishes in the oven for our breakfast and lo and behold---the oven won't turn on!!  It will broil, but not bake.  I just used it last night to bake bread, so I don't know what happened.  So, we will go to plan B--put the ham in the cooker and use the oven basement for everything else.  We're frying the turkey anyway, so one oven should be fine.

One thing that some of my kids (especially SIL, Kyle) enjoy at holiday meals is the cinnamon bread that I make.  It is something that my grandpa's wife used to make and we loved it.  She taught me how to do it, and it is very easy to do.  

Cinnamon Bread
thaw one loaf of frozen bread dough
when it is thawed not risen, roll it out
sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it 
roll it up and put in greased loaf pan
let rise
bake at 350 for 15-20 min. or until golden brown
take out of pan and let cool
frost with a powdered sugar frosting

     Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is SIL?? I must be missing a kid!

Anonymous said...

I think I ate a quarter of the loaf for breakfast yesterday morning. It was great!