Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Recycled With Love

Dad passed away in 1987 at the ripe young age of 52. I miss him all the time. I'm sorry my kids did not get to know him and he didn't get to be an influential part of their lives.

My sister had a pair of Dad's insulated coveralls that she had kept over the years. A while ago she gave them to me because she thought I could do something with them. They looked like this:(sorry, not a good picture)


One thing that made it hard to just get rid of them was this:


Getting rid of Dad's name, Gene, seemed like getting rid of just one more part of him. After giving it a lot of thought I decided to make something for my brother with part of the coveralls. So using the top front, so I could spotlight Dad's name I came up with this---rust spots and all--


It is an iPad case. I know Dean's isn't pink, but I put mine in it just to check the size. The pocket can hold the cord, and the side unsnaps and the zipper works.


I hope Dean enjoys it and thinks of Dad everyday when he uses it.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Josie McRazie said...

LOVE! I have a whole bag of Mom's stuff that I just couldn't get rid of (she passed almost 8 years ago) and someday when I can look at them without bawling I do hope to recycle them!