Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Last Christmas Post!!

Yes, I know Christmas is over, but I've been behind since Thanksgiving and I'm still trying to catch up!!  I did manage to make a new table topper for the Christmas season that I had forgotten to share.
The snowballs and the two outer bands are Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey for Moda.
I just love the packages and the holly!
Since I am still learning to machine quilt and to use my machine, I used three different kinds of stitches.
In the middle I meandered, on the red border I used a preset scallop, and on the green border I used a preset loop.
The quilting actually shows better on the back.
Also, I got a great Christmas gift from my mom--a 16 place setting of Christmas dishes!
I used them for Christmas dinner.
They would really pop if I had a darker table cloth which I have already purchased for next year, along with red chargers.  I already had the glasses and they match really well.
I also used them when I hosted a brunch for a few friends.

I love the dishes!  Thanks Mom!
We enjoyed New Year's Eve at Trina and Tanner's.  They hosted an open house for friends, family, and neighbors, then family stayed on to celebrate the new year.  We walked in the door just before midnight. I really haven't seen midnight on New Year's Eve for a few years!  New Year's Day we enjoyed a relaxing late lunch with friends.  I hope you enjoyed your New Year's weekend.

5 comments:

Trina said...

Thanks for helping at and attending our housewarming party / new year's eve party.

Angie said...

I LOVE your table topper---those fabrics are just perfect! I haven't bought any new designer fabric in so long I have no idea what is out there. Love that Figgy Pudding!!

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online mastercard overnight buy tramadol with cod - can you buy tramadol online legally

Anonymous said...

cheap 37 5 phentermine buy phentermine online no prescription cheap - order phentermine 37.5 tablets

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine online phentermine buy online no prescription cheap - phentermine online from canada