Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just a Couple Things

We spent a great weekend in Des Moines at a motel last weekend.  Bud's three sisters and their families were mostly all there along with all of our family.  We stayed at a motel with a water park and the kids had a great time swimming, sliding, and playing in the water.
Unfortunately I was so busy visiting and playing with grandkids, that I didn't dig out my camera very often.
Of course we had plenty to eat and yummy pizza, the boys (big & small) enjoyed a ride or two in the NASCAR simulator in the arcade, and everyone caught up.  Tasha and Kelly did a great job planning.  We hope this is the first of many annual get togethers for the family.

If you read my blog regularly you will remember that I had quite a busy December.  That caused me to give Clara a Christmas gift of fabric when it really was intended to be a jacket.  Since my sewing has been kind of hit and miss lately I had not had a chance to make it, until last night.  It was fun to pick out "girly" buttons and fabric.
The fabric is a faux suede with faux sheepskin inside--soft and cuddly.
Now, I just need to get a picture with Clara in it!
I used this pattern that I bought at the Quilt Show in Des Moines back in October.  It has several sizes, so I'm sure I'll be using it again and again in different ways.

No comments: