Thursday, September 24, 2009

Busy, but Embroidering!



We have had a busy week! We went camping last weekend, and it was a beautiful weekend for it. We also went to the Iowa game. Go Hawks! We made a quick trip to IC to buy a couple of quilts one night this week, a soccer game another night and Bud has been working on odds and ends on the porch, and he had to put in a new hot water heater last night.

I have been busy embroidering. I stayed up late last night to finish the embroidery on this:
I will add fabric to the sides tonight and then frame it.

It was interesting to do. First of course, I had to trace the pattern onto the fabric. Then I had to color, with crayons, some of the objects and shadings. Finally I did the stitching with a piece of batting on the back so it looks more quilted.

It came from this pattern that I have been eyeing for a while. I finally broke down and purchased it last week.
I will share a photo when it is framed. Now, I just need to finish my fall decorating!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

That is so neat! I can't wait to see it once it is framed.