Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!




I'm always a little sad on December 11th.  Dad isn't with us to celebrate his birthday, which makes me always get a little sad thinking about  him on this day.  Dad died in 1987 at the age of 52--WAY too young!  I miss him a lot and think about him often.  It's really hard when we have big family events like we just did in October(Trina's wedding).  I know how much he would have loved to be a part of those events.  Our kids and grandkids really missed out on knowing a neat guy.  And we missed out on knowing him as adults.  The last few years he has really been on my mind at different times, but especially his birthday and Christmas.  Seeing my brother and my uncle Roger always reminds me of Dad as they have some of his mannerisms.  Dad's twin brother is still living, so I'll wish him a happy birthday too.  So, Happy Birthday, Dad, I miss you!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa! We all miss you!