Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Wallhanging for the Borrowers

Are you familiar with the children's chapter book, "The Borrowers?  I'll give you a short summary in case you're not.  A teeny tiny family lives in the floorboards of a normal family's home.  They are very creative about what they use for furniture, etc.  For example, a cardboard matchbox is a bed.  Anyway, it's a cute little story and many of my fourth graders love it.   What does this have to do with anything???  Well, you'll get it in a minute.

I purchased this kit on clearance at the Fons & Porter Quilt Shop when I was there this summer.  
I should have looked at the pattern and fabric more closely.  
It is VERY small.
The fabric is dated.
It's done.
And that's the best thing I can say about it!
I'm sure it would look nice between the floorboards in the home of the Borrowers!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love the Borrowers! And the hanging is adorable Kim, it's soo cute!!