Friday, July 17, 2009

Quilt of the Wrong Color!



Yes, I have been working on some crafts and quilts this summer, just a little more slowly than I would like! I think I've mentioned this before, but I make a baby quilt for each great niece or nephew when they are born. Well, I've gotten slower and slower at this, so now it's my goal to get it to them before they turn one!! Last summer Bud's niece had twins--a boy, Coy, and a girl, Ava. So, I've been working on those lately. Well, I've got Coy's done.

As you can see, it is yellow and gold--Iowa State's colors! Yes, it goes against my beliefs to deal with that, what being a Hawkeye fan and all! But, they are BIG Iowa State fans. Actually, I do sometimes cheer for Iowa State in my classroom. The kids are usually Hawkeye fans, but one or two will always be for Iowa State. I like to cheer for the under dog and/or play devil's advocate!

So, now I need to get Ava's done so I can send them off. Then I need to get one made for the newest grandchild due in August!

No comments: