Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions: To Do or Not to Do????


Do you make New Year's Resolutions? Do you keep them? I usually make one or two--mostly to lose weight. And I give it a good shot and then it's back to the same ole, same ole! But I'm still going to make them--that's just being optimistic isn't it?? I thought maybe if I published them in my blog then more people would know about them and that might make me feel more inclined to keep them up! So, here goes:

1. I will lose weight this year. No, not to be a size 8--that will never happen! But to lose the weight I have gained this year from my inactivity from having back problems has caused--and maybe a little more!

2. I will be more active. This is a MUST according to the docs at UIHC Spine Rehab. I am supposed to do Cardio 4-6 times a week, weight lifting 3-4 times a week, and stretching/aerobic 7 days a week. Well, I've been out of the program for two weeks and I've managed to follow through on one week so far!

3. I will lower my stress level. This also is a MUST according to the docs. The only way I have been able to do this so far is to lower my own standards on some things and "let it go". Actually "Let it go" is my new mantra!

4. I will relax more. We have had a year of work, work, work because of this addition. And, it really isn't in our blood to just sit around and relax. But we WILL learn to do this more.

5. I will spend more time with my grandsons. I'd really like to spend time with the boys one on one. I'd like to start having them over or to do things one at a time so they can have more memories of good times with us!

I think five is plenty! Wish me luck. And what are YOUR resolutions???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to do reolutions but they always seem to get broken. I now have some that I keep to myself and try to stand by them the best I can. Kath

Trina said...

I usually make one and try my best to stick to it. I was lucky with mine last year (meet new people who will lead me to a man) since I met Tanner last January. This year is: do a workout 2 times a week and something active 1 time a week. Very doable!