Friday, August 9, 2013

Canning Time!

The weather the past few years has not been conducive to apple growing around here. Which means we are totally out of apple sauce, and our apple pie filling stock is low. Luckily this year we have apples! so begins canning season.....
Cinnamon applesauce......


Sweetened with cinnamon candy.....(the Grandkids love pink applesauce!)


Unsweetened......


We got 52 pints, so that should be good for awhile. Another batch and maybe some apple butter will be on the list next week.

The bad news is that our best apple sauce tree took a tumble during a recent storm. It is still alive enough for the apples to grow, but this is probably the last year. :(.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love home made applesauce Kim, though I've never made it myself, my parents made it all the time. I loved it warm off the stove. Miss those days!