Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall is Here to Stay!

Since we are forecast for some quite chilly weather this week, I thought I would share what's in my yard before it's gone.
The scarecrow stands guard over the mums on my porch.

The Knock Out roses are still going strong even though I quite deadheading them.
I read that I shouldn't deadhead after the end of August.
I love, love, love mums in the fall!  And I've even managed to grow some.

The burning bush is a brilliant shade of red.
The fall clematis is just done blooming.
 The echinacea  have deep brown heads.  These will look great against the white snow.
 And the sedum has gorgeous wine colored blooms.
Some impatiens are still looking good too.
 Even the plants are hanging in there.
And a wreath of fall colors greets you at the door.


1 comment:

Josie McRazie said...

Beautiful! My mums really did not do well this fall! Not sure what they didn't like, but I think I will cut them down early and hope they get stronger for next year!