Two years ago I gave Nate a new quilt for Christmas. He was two at the time and had taken over a quilt of Cael's. He loved the flannel back of that quilt, so I decided to make him a NEW quilt of his own.
Well, Nate LOVES that quilt. He calls it his Ladybug because one
of the fabric looks like little ladybugs. I used all flannels and tied it rather than quilting it. Well, between all the lovin' Nate has given it and all of the washings his babysitter gives it(daily), it had started to come apart.
I've repaired it several times. The first time I carefully hand stitched the few places that had come apart keeping the integrity of the quilt.The last time I used a decorative stitch on my machine and stitched over several seams, and hand stitched a few other places. It still looked pretty good...well worn, but good. This time I decided to forget what it looked like and just make it sturdy so it will last, so I machine stitched over MANY seams and around the binding. It isn't what I would choose for it to look like, but I don't think Nate will have to go through the trauma of spending any more nights without "ladybug" while I fix it.
It is nice to know that it is so well loved!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad