Monday, August 2, 2010

A Week in Texas!

(Payton is clearly in pain!  Cael-the poser.  Nate was asleep.)
Just got home from a week in Texas visiting Mom, my brother & sister-in-law, my aunts, nieces and nephew, cousins, etc. And, no, I'm not really from Texas, it's just that most of them are transplants to Texas from Iowa!!
Some of us swam in my brother's pool.
Some of us went to Ute Lake in New Mexico and went on the pontoon and some went tubing.
There may have  been some drinks during the week--fruity and otherwise!

We ingested much great food--grilled ribeyes, chicken, sausage, ribs, brisket, cheesey potatoes, homemade fries, salads, pies, desserts, and of course, wedding cake!
We got in a day of shopping in Amarillo.  This time it included two quilt/fabric stores.  I managed to purchase a layer cake, several patterns, a few fat quarters, thread, and magnet enclosures for purses.  I also helped Gay buy some fabric!  It's always fun to help spend someone else's money!!
I did some sewing for Mom.  I made her a quilt top out of her vacation t-shirts, but alas, no photo.  I'm hoping she'll send one when she gets it put together.
Then we had the big event--the wedding--on Saturday.  
We left Texas late yesterday afternoon. Spent the night in Witchita, KS, and got home today--tired!  We had a great time.  Thanks, Dean & Gay, Mom, & Ruthie!

No comments: