Trilby's quilt was made with more traditional fabric in colors that I thought complemented her home.
It was the first one I started last summer, but the last one to actually be completed. Why, you ask? Well, in my usual fashion I didn't realize the size of the pattern when I started. The original pattern was the very center inside the first border. Well, that was too small to do anything but hang on the wall. So....I had to search for more fabric which took a while to find. When I finally found the fabric I had to figure out what I was going to do to make it larger. And this is the end result.
To quilt it I chose to do large meandering in the center and smaller meandering around the outside. I sewed straight lines 1/4" in from each cream colored border.
I am very fond of the backing which was also incorporated into the front.
I hope they enjoy it for many years, and pass it down to their kids.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad