Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Birthday Quilt

My niece was born 30 years ago on my birthday--February 24th. When she was younger she was always upset that I shared "her" birthday. As she has matured we enjoy sharing our special day. So this year I decided to make her a quilt to celebrate her milestone birthday.

I used the fabric line, Pure by Sweetwater for Moda.



I used a whole layer cake for this pattern plus the tan for sashing.


I love the blues and browns. I bought the pattern at Creekside Quilting in Clive. It went quickly, but as usual I spent a HUGE amount of time playing with the fabric placement. It is so hard to get just the right mix. I used a brown fabric withe the same blue for flowers along with a little green thrown in.


I straight line quilted it on the diagonal.



I hope she enjoys it for many years to come!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Kath said...

I'm sure she will enjoy it. All your quilts are awesome!
Love Ya
Kath