Friday, December 30, 2011

Chance's "Big Boy" Quilt

Since Chance is now a big brother he will soon be going into a "Big Boy Bed"!  His parents wanted him to have a quilt for his bed, so this was his big Christmas gift this year.
The fabric is Wanna Be a Cowboy by Samantha Walker for Riley Blake.  
The pattern is Simply Authentic from Piece N Quilt.  You can find it here.
It measures approximately 80" x 90".
I didn't follow the layout direction exactly, but changed it up to feature the fabrics I wanted to have show.  I could only get a small amount of the real cowboyish fabric and I wanted it to all show when placed on the bed.
I straight line quilted it which evidently I have problems even with straight lines. You wouldn't think that would be so difficult, but I have a guide on my machine and it often moves on me. :(
Chance immediately laid down and wrapped up in it!  I can't wait to see it on his bed.
I couldn't share this one until after Christmas as I didn't want his parents to see it either.
This is #10 for my 11 in '11 Challenge.

2 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

He will love it weather the lines are straight or not! It is perfect!! Can't wait to see your 11th!!!

Laurie said...

How cute! I wouldn't have noticed the lines if you didn't point it out! And it will be an awesome keepsake.