Monday, August 20, 2018

My First Real Day of Retirement

This is the first year in 30 years that I am not returning to school.  All summer people would ask me how retirement was, but honestly it just felt like a normal summer.  It has really been sinking in since the Fourth of July.  The back to school dreams started as they usually do when the summer is winding down.  Then my friends who are still teaching began to go in to work in their rooms.  

But today, the day of the all district beginning of the year meeting, it really hit home.  I was not going.  It was going to be weird.  

So, what did I do today, you ask?  I spent the day with these five!
I got up at the crack of dawn, picked up Clara and Aela, and headed to CR in the rain.  You see, Evalie wasn't feeling well, and it was the day for the all district meetings for Trina and Tanner in their new schools. Being newbies they didn't feel that it was a smart thing to stay home with a sick kid already!  

We played cards, did some reading, watched a little TV during rest time, played outside between rainstorms, and overall just had a fun day!  Evalie actually felt pretty good all day, so she joined in the fun too.

Being able to help out is one perk to retirement! 

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Kim! It appears you have this retirement thing in hand! Enjoy the free time, and have a great non school year!!

Kim said...

Thanks Laurie! My retirement was short-lived. I'm going back to teach 1/2 time. Mornings only. No duties. No meetings. Looking forward to it!!