Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cinnamon Roll Cake








My name is Kim, and I am a Pinterestaholic!! I have soooooooo many pins there is no way I could ever make/do them all! But from time to time I do actually try one. This time I tried ..........

Cinnamon Roll Cake






Ingredients
3 cups flour (Or cup4cup if making this gluten free)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

TOPPING
1 cup butter, soft
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour (or cup4cup if gluten free)
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

GLAZE
2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray or coconut oil spray. Set aside.
In a mixer, add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into pan.
For the topping, mix the butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
Glaze: Whisk the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake.




Nate gave it a thumbs up! We Will be making it again!

(Recipe from Hugs & Cookies Blog)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Donna said...

If there is a rehab program for Pinterest, just avoid it. For me it would be a waste of time, I am hooked. This looks delish, but I avoid baking these days, since it's just me and Chuckles and we either don't need it, or can't eat it fast enough to keep it from spoiling. Looks yummy.

Remember, Pinterest rehab is for quitters. Don't be a quitter. lol