Sunday, November 17, 2013

Five Hour Beef Stew

I am posting this recipe again because People keep asking for it. Soon, it will be winter and there is nothing better than a hot bowl of stew with some cornbread muffins on a cold winter day---YUM!

Five Hour Beef Stew
1 1/2 lbs. stew meat
5 medium potatoes, cut-up
2 c. carrots-cut up
1 c. onion
1 c. celery
2 (14 1/2oz.) can stewed tomatoes
2 T quick cooking tapioca
1 T sugar
1/2 t salt
1/8 t pepper

Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Mix gently. Tun into a greased 3 qt. casserole, cover and bake at 275 for 5 hours. Serves 6 (I have used pork because that's what we have. When I did that I also added a beef gravy packet. You couldn't tell it wasn't beef!)





This summer I wanted to send some food to a family, so I mixed this all up, did not precook, but packed it into quart jars and canned it. Word is that it was great!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so awesome! My icky-picky will even eat this!!

Travis and Kerry said...

I have yet to try this, but have a pork roast marked for it for this winter!