This left me with a dilemma for the quilt because there is no Horton fabric. Don't get me wrong, Horton is on some fabric, but there are always other characters with him. I decided on these fabrics by Robert Kaufmann--
And I decided to use a pattern from Moda Bake Shop. You can see it here. I didn't follow it exactly but pretty much.
I had to fussy cut Horton out of the middle two fabrics which made for a lot of waste. I guess someone else is going to get a Dr. Seuss quilt in the future!
My sewing machine was just back from the shop(which is a story in itself), and I meandered over the entire quilt UNTIL I got to about the last six inch square and MY MACHINE QUIT AGAIN!!!! Luckily a friend with a dependable machine brought hers in for me to use so I could finish it.
Maddux gets his first opportunity to use it.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad