Sunday, January 1, 2012

A House for the Princess!

Clara's dad, Kyle, has mentioned several times the little cloth house his grandmother made that went over a card table.  He talked of all the fun times he and his siblings had with that little house.  It was even at the visitation for his grandmother who was a quilter and sewer.  This had me thinking about my kids playing with blankets over the table and all the fun they had too.  So I made Clara a little house for Christmas.
It was a big hit Christmas Day!  Here you can see Chance sticking out of it!
I used a pattern, but I did adapt it some.  
The playhouse really does fit better than it appears in the photo, but there were little ones inside pulling on the fabric and having a great time!  In researching these I found an etsy that gave me lots of ideas.  You can check it out here.  Now, if I could find enough customers to pay me that much for the playhouses I might be able to consider retiring in a few years!!  I have a lot of ideas for some of the other grandkids, so stay tuned.

And I'm counting this as #12 in '11!!!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

This is such a cute idea! Chance had so much fun "hiding" in it.

Josie McRazie said...

tooooo cute!!

Josie McRazie said...

OK went over to the page after I comented... ummm I would NEVER pay that much! WOW!!

Laurie said...

That's the cutest creation Kim, I think with bringing the price down, you could still make a mint with them! Just too adorable.