Monday, May 23, 2011

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

Are you looking for an easy peasy, but YUMMY dessert??  Well this is it!
Ingredients:
19 ice cream sandwiches(I use 24-2 boxes)
1 12 ounce carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 jar (11 3/4 oz.) hot fudge ice cream topping
1 cup salted peanuts

Place half of ice cream sandwiches in bottom of 13 x 9 inch pan.  
Spread with half of the whipped topping.  Spoon fudge topping by teaspoonfuls onto whipped topping.  Sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts.  Repeat layers with remaining ice cream sandwhiches, whipped topping, and peanuts(pan will be full).  
Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.  Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.  Cut into squares.  Yield: 12-15 servings.
I often don't follow the recipe, so if you think this looks a little different.....it is.  First, I used Dream Whip instead of Cool Whip because I didn't plan ahead and thaw the Cool Whip.  I also put some carmel ice cream topping on top just to empty the bottle. 
YUMMO!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Droooool!! That's where I'm at right now Kim! What an awesome looking and sure awesome tasting dessert! Thanks for sharing with us!

Josie McRazie said...

uummmm YUMMM!!! that's all I can say about that!! I will have to try that!! My daughter's birthday is this week and she is not a cake fan! But she does love Ice Cream!! Thanks for sharing!!