Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gratitude

Each year for Lent I try to give something up or do something special.  Often I'm not very successful.  After reading an article about Gratitude Journals I decided to try to write about something I am grateful for each day.  Making myself think positively is always a good thing!

Today I am grateful that I have a job that is secure.  Well, secure as long as I don't REALLY mess up!  I am in my 21st year of teaching.  The first twelve years were in second grade and the last nine years have been in fourth grade.  Teaching has changed so much since I started.  Our job is now much more than just teaching.  Parents are different.  Kids are different. And requirements of the administrators and government is different.  And for the most part different is not for the better.  BUT, I still love the day to day interaction with the kids, and watching them when they "get" something.  I love when they want to share with me--about their families, their books, activities, etc.  I am lucky that I have 21 years of seniority.  Thank you, God, for giving me the opportunity to do what I have wanted to do since I was a fourth grader!

No comments: