Thursday, January 2, 2014

Quilts for Christmas


This year I decided to make a lap quilt for each of my kids and their spouses a lap quilt. With all of the quilts I've made I've only made them their t-shirt quilts. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures taken before Christmas.....because I was sewing right up until Christmas Eve! Anyway, it has been like pulling teeth to try to get them to send pictures. :(

Here is Tasha's quilt:



The fabric is Make Life by Sweetwater for Moda. It is the same fabric that I used for Clara's baby quilt.



As I was playing with it on my design board this summer Tasha kept saying she liked it, so I decided it was hers!



I tried a different bit of quilting on this one as I quilted a flower in the center of each block of four. Then I just did loops around the rest.


It is kind of hard to see in the pictures. I washed the quilt before I gave it to her just to be sure no colors ran. I always use a color catcher.


Sometimes it is hard to get a picture without a kid.


I hope they use and enjoy it for many years!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: