Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fudge Bars

Our "baby" turned 29 last week! Happy Birthday Trina!



Anyway, we decided to have a picnic to celebrate, so I asked Trina what she wanted me to make. She chose Fudge Bars for dessert.

These Fudge Bars are a recipe from my favorite cookbook. My kids know exactly which cookbook I'm referring to when I talk about it. It is one from a church in my hometown. Although I know most of the people who put recipes in this cookbook, I can't remember who the lady is that entered this one.

Anyway, they are rich and YUMMY!!

FUDGE BARS
1/2 c. shortening 2 c. oatmeal
1/2 tsp vanilla. 1/2 tsp salt
1 c. brown sugar 1/2 tsp soda
3/4 c. flour. 1 egg

Combine, save one cup and press the rest into 8 x 10 pan.



1 pkg chocolate chips. 1tsp vanilla
1 Tblsp butter. 1/2 c. Nuts
1 c. Sweetened condensed milk

Heat until chips are melted and pour over crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of crumbs over the mixture and bake 25 minutes at 350.



Cool and enjoy!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

MMMMMM those look great! Happy b-day to Trina!!!

Donna said...

mmmmmmm These look very rich....