Sunday, January 4, 2009

This, That, and a Craft

So, I've been trying to keep up with my exercise, but it's HARD!! I hate to sweat and work out! I've been doing pretty well with my aerobics tape that UIHC has developed for back pain, but getting on the treadmill is awful. I can think of many excuses not to do it! There is stands all lonely and waiting for me to get on.

I did get hubby to do Leslie Sasone's "Walk Away the Pounds" one mile walk with me today so that's better than nothing!

Trilby, Mike, and the boys came over to watch the IOWA game on New Year's Day. The big boys were all dressed up to support the Hawks. We were thrilled with the outcome of the game and are looking forward to a great season next year.

Well, I am tired of waiting for daughter #2 to send me a photo of the apron I made her for Christmas. It was cute, if I do say so myself! I also finished embroidering some pillowcases that I started many years ago. I decided to add some tatting that my Great-Grandmother had done. They also were a Christmas gift, and I hope they will be cherished.


Well, it's back to the grind tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to seeing the kids, but I'm sure I'll be exhausted! Have a good week!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh how I'm with you on the exercise!! I really need to this year, it's forcing myself to do it! The cartoon cracked me up, so my attitude.
Your embroidery is absulutely beautiful. What a treasured heirloom.

Anonymous said...

Nate would have been dressed in Hawkeye stuff to but all of his is too small!! The tank is growing so fast!! I love the embroidery! It looks terrific! GO HAWKS!!!